The privacy and security of your personal information is of paramount importance to us.
This Policy aims to clearly explain the types of information we may have collected from you, why it was collected, what we do with it and how we keep it secure.
Who we are
The words (“we” or “us”) used throughout this Policy shall mean Golden Coast Limited.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- With whom we might share your information?
- Keeping your information secure.
- Other websites and Public areas of our sites.
- How long do we keep your information for?
- How to contact us.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
The data that we collect includes the following: names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, payment card details and information about the goods and services that we have provided to you.
If you use any of our services, or provide your data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your data by us or on our behalf. You still have the right to object to us using your data for certain purposes. Whatever you decide, we will respect your wishes.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We, also, use the information for statistical analysis to improve our market understanding.
- Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies
- IT companies who support our websites and internal systems
- Operational Companies such as carriers, to assist in delivering your goods
- Product Manufacturers and Suppliers to source specialised items at your request
- Our external marketing partners, who assist us with our electronic communications and direct marketing
- Google/Facebook to show you products we sell that might be of interest to you whilst you are browsing social media sites
- We may have to share your data between parties in different countries, in order to fulfill our services to you. By using our services you are giving your consent to this overseas use and disclosure of your personal data outside of your country of residence for business purposes. This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence, and could include storage of your personal data on servers inside or outside of the UK. We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice.
We only operate with companies whose standards on the processing and security of data meet our own, therefore, you can be sure that we only share data that is necessary for them to perform their specific service to us.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
We may do this through email, post or social media.
You have a right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you, for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
We make every effort to keep your information secure.
We have, in place, robust access controls to our IT systems, such as firewalls, strong anti-virus and web filtering software, network segmentation and physical segmentation, user ID’s/Passwords.
Staff access codes are used to limit physical access to the building where data is held.
We use all reasonable means to protect your data when exchanging information between you and us via the internet, including using Website SSL technology, which means that information passing between your browser and our sites is encrypted. Also, our web hosts use only the latest and most up to date patched server software.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For more information on our cookies click here.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We cannot control the use of information you disclose in any public area of our Facebook, Google+, linkedin, Twitter or YouTube site. Once posted, it will become public information. We would urge you to disclose with caution any information of a personal nature when using these sites, as we cannot control the use of this information.
We will retain your Personal information for as long as needed or we are permitted to, in light of the purpose for which it was obtained. Retention periods are based upon the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you, when we have a legal obligation to which we are subject, or as advisable in light of our legal position (statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
You can request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously supplied to us by contacting us, either by email or by writing to us using the contact details below.
We will only update personal information relative to the email address the request was received on and we may need to confirm your identity before undertaking your request.
By email: email@example.com
Write to: Company Accountant. Golden Coast Ltd. Fishleigh Road. Roundswell Commercial Park West. Barnstaple. Devon. EX31 3UA.